Ashley Pollard enjoys putting her competitive spirit to work for her clients. In her career, she utilizes the discipline, work ethic, and patience that she learned through playing sports as she grew up.
Ashley attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Media and Journalism with a second major in History and a minor in Social and Economic Justice.
Ashley graduated magna cum laude from Liberty University School of Law. During law school, she was a brief writer for the Hunton Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship, and assisted in drafting an amicus brief on behalf of a defendant who was before the Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals. Ashley also served as the Submissions Editor for the Liberty University Law Review and was a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Board and the Women’s Law Society. As a member of the ADR Board, she competed in negotiations and mediation competitions. Ashley interned at law firms in Greenville and New Bern, NC during her summers in law school, and was a student in the Legal Aid Clinic serving clients at the Virginia Legal Aid Society during her third year.
When not practicing law, Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, reading, cooking, and listening to true crime podcasts. She enjoys both playing and watching sports, and can often be found cheering for the Tar Heels.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- Liberty University School of Law:
- Liberty University Law Review, Submissions Editor
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, Member
- Women’s Law Society, Member
- Child Advocacy Society, Member
- This Little Piggy Caused a Nuisance: Analyzing North Carolina’s 2018 Amendment to its Right-To-Farm Act, 14 Liberty U. L. Rev. (2020).