Valentina is driven to serve each client and demonstrate her skills as a civil litigator in our Charlotte branch. “I understand that when an attorney gets involved in a person’s life they may be in a time of need, and I hope to be an attorney that can bring a little comfort in those situations—whether it be doing my job to the best of my ability or providing excellent customer service.” Coming from a Colombian and Argentinian family, Valentina also looks for opportunities to help others overcome language barriers.
Her mother was a major influence in her professional journey at the outset: “When she moved to the United States she wasn’t able to continue her [legal] career. So, from a young age my mother put the idea of law in my head and I shifted my studies towards it.” Her zeal for the legal field led to a JD at the University of South Carolina School of Law and numerous achievements, including a handful of inclusions on the Dean’s List, recognition as the Hugh L. Willcox Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year, and establishing the Latinx Law Student Association on campus.
After moving to Charlotte with her daughter, Maxima, Valentina quickly fell in love with the area and enjoys exploring the city in her free time. However, she ultimately loves the experience of traveling and visiting her extended family in Argentina and Uruguay, particularly the quaint beach town of La Paloma in the latter.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Latinx Law Student Association, Founder and Vice President
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Clerk
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force, Communications Director
- Pro Bono Program, Board Member
- UGA Alumni Mentor Program, Mentor, Nov 2020- Present
- Soup Kitchen, Volunteer, Summer 2010 – Summer 2019
- University of South Carolina School of Law: Dean’s List Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Fall 2021; President’s List Spring 2022
- 2021 Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- 2022 Hugh L. Willcox Pro Bono Volunteer of the Year