John Larrimore Wright is passionate about protecting his clients and tailors his representation in each case to achieve that goal, thoroughly investigating legal issues and crafting arguments not obvious at first glance. He believes that a sound and smart strategy, with a little creativity, provides the best route to effective resolution.
Born and raised and Charlotte, John and his wife Lauren moved to Montana where he attended law school and practiced for a decade. Focusing on litigation, particularly defending insurers and their insureds, John embraced the uniqueness of Big Sky Country and its challenging legal landscape as a partner in a Billings, Montana firm. He returned home to North Carolina bringing experience in defending businesses and insurers in construction, bad faith, professional liability, and general liability claims.
He earned recognition as a Billings Gazette “40 Under 40” honoree in 2015 and was a member of the Montana Board of Housing, but John’s proudest moment was becoming a father.
Fishing, skiing, and hiking are among John’s preferred downtime activities, along with enjoying the outdoors with his wife and kids.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Publication Editor, Public Land and Resources Law Review (U. Montana)
- President, Federalist Society (U. Montana)
- Intern, Hon. Sam E. Haddon, US District Court, District of Montana
- Intern, Montana Office of the Appellate Defender
- Montana Board of Housing, 2022
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Board Member, First Presbyterian Church Foundation, Billings (2015-2022)
- Billings Gazette “40 Under 40” Honoree, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent