Matt maintains high standards—earning the trust of each client through exemplary professionalism, hard work, and integrity.
Matt served in the U.S. Army as an Airborne Infantryman after graduating high school. This is where he developed a heart for serving and defending others. After his service, while attending college, Matt owned and operated small businesses for several years gaining valuable experience that allows him to better understand his clients’ needs, and helps him to guide them from both a legal and business perspective.
Following a lifelong dream of becoming a lawyer, Matt began his second career by enrolling at the Campbell University School of Law. During law school, he received the Alan L. Button Award for Christian Service, served as a leader in several student organizations, and earned his Masters of Business Administration. Prior to joining Hedrick Gardner, Matt was an associate at a small Raleigh firm focusing most of his time on construction-defect litigation and the defense of design professionals.
When he is not advocating for his clients, you will find Matt practicing Gracie Jiu Jitsu or engaging with his local church.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial Bar
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy – Expungement Assistance, 2020 – Present
- Habitat for Humanity, Mission Leader: Hope Lutheran, 2008 – 2013
- Altar Care Team, Member: Hope Lutheran, 2010 – 2014
- Service & Outreach Team, Member: Hope Lutheran, 2010 – 2014
- Wake Correctional Prison Ministry, Member: The Summit Church, 2016 – 2017
- Campbell University School of Law
- Pro Bono Council, Education Project, Spring 2017
- Wills for Heroes, October 2016
- Capital Area Veterans Stand Down, LANC Expungement Project, October 2015
- Education Law and Policy Society, Founding President, 2017 – 2018
- Christian Legal Society, Treasurer, 2016 – 2018
- International Law Society, Treasurer, 2017 – 2018
- International Law Society, Member, 2016 – 2017
- Military Law Student Association, Member, 2016 – 2018
- Campbell University School of Law:
- Alan L. Button Award for Christian Service, 2018
- Dean’s Excellence Scholarship Recipient, 2014 – 2018
- Honoratos Emeritus Scholarship Recipient, 2014 – 2018