Kari Loomer Swindle’s work at Hedrick Gardner includes several aspects of insurance defense, including premises liability, products liability, commercial litigation, and professional liability.
Kari leaves no stone unturned in the defense of her clients. She enjoys continuous learning and applying her detail-oriented nature to thoroughly understand the many-faceted issues of her cases. Having lived the majority of her life in North Carolina, she is familiar with the communities in which her clients conduct business which helps her build connections with them.
A fascination with the structure of government and American history led Kari to pursue a career as an attorney. From a young age, she reasoned that the practice of law was a way to be involved in the workings of the government and the laws that govern our state and country. Prior to joining Hedrick Gardner, she practiced civil litigation for a year and a half in Colorado; while she enjoyed her time there, she is excited to be serving her home state.
Kari is a big college football and basketball fan and is married to an even bigger one. When not cheering for one of her favorite teams, she enjoys spending quality time with family and friends, reading, skiing, and working out at Orangetheory.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Hospitality House, Young Professionals
- UNCC Zeta Tau Alpha, Alumni Advisor
- Australia v. Japan: Is it possible for Japanese compliance?, 2 N.C. J. INT’L L. FORUM 36 (2016); Russia suspends CIS trade deal after EU-Ukraine Pact, N.C. J. INT’L L. BLOG (Jan. 19, 2016)
University of North Carolina School of Law:
- Mark Weisburd Award for Leadership and Commitment to the Journal, Vol. 42
- Editorial Excellence in Leadership Award, Fall 2016