Clients enjoy working with Anna Baird Choi because she is easy to get along with, but they know that when there’s a tough issue, she will give them an honest answer, even if it’s not the easiest way out of the problem. Of course, Anna recognizes their concerns and will always strive to compassionately guide her clients toward a solution.
Anna has served as counsel to the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors for over two decades. She advises the General Contractor’s Board and eight other occupational/professional licensing boards, advising on all matters including licensing, minimum qualifications, rulemaking, disciplinary actions, and personnel issues. Additionally, she represents individuals and businesses before other N.C. licensing boards and agencies, including real estate brokers, plumbers, psychologists, licensed professional counselors, pharmacists, retail pharmacies, and licensed child care facilities. She is the former Chair for the Administrative Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association and remains involved in many aspects of administrative/regulatory law. Anna’s consistent excellent performance has earned her an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and recognition by Best Lawyers in America® in Administrative Law, as well as named a NC Lawyers Weekly 2020 Leader in the Law. She has also assumed leadership positions with the Junior League of Raleigh stretching back to 1994 and serves as State Regent for the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Aside from her dedication to volunteering in the community, she loves spending time with her two children, and she doesn’t play favorites between the beach and the mountains for places to unwind.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Tenth Judicial District Bar and Wake County Bar Association Board of Directors, Member, 2015-2018.
- N.C. Bar Association, Administrative Law Section member; Chair, 2013-2014.
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law Alumni Association, Chair, 2018-2020.
- N.C. Rules Review Commissioner, 2012-2021
- 1st Vice Chair (2020-2021)
- 2nd Vice Chair (2019-2020)
- Helene Foundation, Board Member, 2013-2019.
- Marbles Kids Museum, Board of Directors Member, 2007-2012.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Member 2001-present.
- N.C. Society State Regent (2021-2024)
- N.C. Society Vice Regent (2018-2021)
- N.C. Society Parliamentarian (2009-2015)
- National Society Bylaws Committee Chair (2019-2022)
- Junior League of Raleigh, Member, 1996-present.
- Vice President of Training
- Annual Fund Chair
- Government Relations and Public Affairs Chair
- Training Chair
- Membership Development Chair
- Wake County Courthouse KidsCenter, Board of Directors Member and Board Secretary, 2000-2004.
- Wake County Commission for Women, Commissioner, 2002-2003.
- Capital City Clauses, Board of Directors and Board Treasurer, 1999-2001.
- Recognized by N.C. Lawyers Weekly as a 2020 ‘Leader in the Law.’
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in Administrative Law.
- Rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell®.
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedure’s standards and policies.