Jarrod integrates law and practicality to assess each case thoroughly, delivering clarity and results for his clients while maintaining focus on the big picture. Using a steady, practiced hand, he builds and reinforces every case with critical details in his defense strategy preparation.
During law school, Jarrod earned the Graduate Student Service Impact Award and the 3L Pro Bono Student of the Year Award for his legal work in the community. He was also a founding student attorney of the Consumer Financial Transaction Clinic.
Prior to joining Hedrick Gardner, Jarrod established himself as a trusted resource at the Cabarrus County District Attorney’s Office. During his tenure as an Assistant District Attorney, he successfully tried numerous felony cases and oversaw hundreds of bench trials. In addition to handling large felony caseloads, Jarrod became a critical asset due to his extensive knowledge of motor vehicle offenses.
Jarrod was born and raised in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and revisits as often as time allows. Outside of work, Jarrod enjoys fly fishing and exploring the outdoors and small beach towns with his wife and two daughters.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Pro-Bono – Lawyers on the line – Co-op with Legal Aid of NC & North Carolina Bar (NCCU School of Law)
- Myers Park United Methodist Church, Confirmation Leader
- Founding Student Attorney Consumer Financial Transaction Clinic
- 2015 Recipient of the Graduate Student Service Impact Award
- 2015 3L Pro Bono Student of the Year
- 2013 Team Client Counseling Competition Winner