Always up for a challenge, Mary Harris strives to demonstrate her fervor for the law as a civil litigator in the Charlotte branch. “I am passionate about the law, and I think that passion reflects itself in how I advocate for my clients.” She recognizes the divide between the law and the client and strives to help bridge that gap.
Her tenacity and desire for success exhibited themselves at Campbell University, where she served as President of the Old Kivett Advocacy Counsel and a member of the Expunction Project. She sharpened her skills in advocacy as a Staff Writer and Managing Editor of the Campbell Law Observer and as a member of the Negotiation Team. She then earned her JD, the first to do so among her family, and acquired Westlaw and Nexis certification along the way.
Mary is drawn to the big cities and cooler weather of places like New York or Boston when she gets the chance to travel, and enjoys reading and surfing. She’s a fan of all things baseball and soccer, but her allegiance belongs to NC State football.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Student Ambassador, Sports & Entertainment Group
- Federal Bar Association
- Business Law Association
- Campbell Law Observer Staff Writer and Managing Editor
- Negotiation Team
- Old Kivett Advocacy Council, President
- Social Justice Project
- Expunction Project
- NCSU Center for Student Leadership, Ethics, & Public Service Leadership Certification,
- Lexis Advance Certification
- Westlaw Essential Legal Research Certification