Peter J. Bigham Jr. has always enjoyed asking “why” and is devoted to demystifying complex matters. He has a dogged, tenacious personality and refuses to rest until he has explored every avenue and exhausted all of his options towards protecting his client’s best interests.
“I am a firm believer in treating others as I would want to be treated,” said Pete. “By putting myself in my client’s shoes, I am better equipped to relentlessly advocate on their behalf.”
Pete graduated cum laude from the Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law. He previously studied American History at the College of Graduate Studies at Georgia Southern University.
With broad litigation experience, Pete has assisted litigating and adjudicating complex substantive and procedural matters involving adverse and contested bankruptcy proceedings, agency law, real property, insurance coverage, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and search and seizure issues.
Outside work, Pete enjoys time spent outdoors on hiking and fishing excursions with his wife and daughter. His favorite vacation spot is a quiet beach where he can build sand castles with his daughter, play bocce ball with his wife and sisters, body surf with his brothers, and grill out with his parents.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar- Young Lawyers Division
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Community Volunteer with the Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte
- Volunteer- R. Bruce Irons Camp Fund
- Volunteer Attorney with Legal Services of the Southern Piedmont
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: Selected to present paper, “America’s Secret Advertisers: The O.S.S., the CIA, & American Intervention” at the University of Alabama Graduate History Association Conference on Power and Struggle, March 2011
Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law:
- W. Homer Drake, Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Pupil
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Harold McCart, Sr. Scholarship
Georgia Southern University:
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society
- International Scholar Laureate Program Delegation on Diplomacy & International Relations in Beijing, China Nominee